The Master of Public Health course has been designed in collaboration with leading employers to ensure you gain the most important skills needed to flourish in the sector, including the latest competencies in healthcare, data analytics and public health management. This means you’ll be ready to take on senior managerial or leadership roles with confidence after graduation. Whilst studying this course, you will:
- Gain key skills required for employability in the area of public health practice, management, and research at local, national and international levels.
- Prepare for work as a public health practitioner and work in non-governmental organisations, charities, the public sectors, or academic institutions.
- Develop leadership skills and understand contemporary approaches to managing high performing teams.
- Develop analytical research skills as well as digital skills useful in responding to health challenges and designing of public health research.
- Evaluate and understand human systems and interventions made to improve health including all types of health services, social services, and all interventions and policies intended to improve health.
- Develop an understanding of population health including involvement with all social, economic, physical, chemical and biological conditions that influence or interact with the health of the members of the population.
- Develop skills and understanding in public and global health challenges and decision-making processes in order to be able to anticipate, plan for, and manage risk.